COVID-19 Latest News
Showing 1 - 10 of 21 posts
Infections Rise In 42 States; Fauci Says It's 'Horrifying' To See People Cheer Lack Of Vaccinations: Covid-19 UpdatesCovid Infections Rise in United States (Post ID: 1021)
Forty-two states saw an increase in COVID-19 cases last week from the week before, a sign that the pandemic is not yet over in the United States.
Only Alaska, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia saw a decline in cases over the seven-day period that ended Saturday from the previous week.
The rate of vaccinations has slowed in recent weeks, and less than half of all Americans, 47.9%, are fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walinsky says more than 99% of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. in June were among unvaccinated people. In addition, preliminary data indicates that over the past six months, nearly all of the COVID-19 deaths in various states have occurred in unvaccinated people, she said.
Full Story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/07/11/infections-up-42-states-cpac-attendees-cheer-low-vaccination-rate/7928562002/
Last updated on 07/11/2021 05:27 PM
Who Says Delta Is The Fastest And Fittest Covid Variant And Will ‘Pick Off’ Most VulnerableCovid Variants (Post ID: 1020)
- The highly contagious delta variant is the fastest and fittest coronavirus strain that will “pick off” the most vulnerable people, the World Health Organization said.
- Delta has the potential “to be more lethal because it’s more efficient in the way it transmits between humans,” the WHO’s Dr. Mike Ryan said.
- Full Story: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/21/covid-delta-who-says-variant-is-the-fastest-and-fittest-and-will-pick-off-most-vulnerable-.html
Last updated on 06/21/2021 08:52 PM
U.S. To Split 55 Million Covid Vaccine Doses Between Latin America, Asia And AfricaCovid-19 Vaccine (Post ID: 1019)
- The Biden administration announced it will send 55 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to countries in Latin America, Asia and Africa as the coronavirus continues to rapidly spread in low- and middle-income nations.
- The 55 million vaccine doses are the remaining portion of 80 million shots President Joe Biden has committed to donating abroad.
- Earlier this month, the administration said it would send the first 25 million doses to South and Central America, Asia, Africa, neighboring countries and U.S. allies.
- Full Story: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/21/covid-vaccine-us-to-split-55-million-doses-between-latin-america-asia-and-africa-.html
Last updated on 06/21/2021 08:49 PM
U.S. Official Says Covid Booster Shots Will Also Be Free To The PublicCovid-19 Vaccine (Post ID: 1018)
- Covid-19 booster shots will be free to the public if they are needed to control the ongoing pandemic, David Kessler, chief science officer of the White House Covid-19 response team, told U.S. lawmakers Tuesday.
- “We do have the funds to purchase the next round and to assure if there are boosters that they are free just as the last round,” Kessler said at a Senate hearing.
- Full Story: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/11/us-official-says-covid-booster-shots-will-also-be-free-to-the-public-.html
Last updated on 05/11/2021 08:29 PM
India Sees Deadliest Day Of Pandemic With Covid-19 Deaths Topping 4,000Covid-19 (Post ID: 1017)
Last updated on 05/09/2021 10:07 PM
U.S. To Restrict Travel From India Effective May 4 Amid Massive Covid SurgeCovid-19 (Post ID: 1016)
- The Biden administration will restrict travel from India as that country grapples with a gigantic surge in coronavirus cases, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said.
- The policy will take effect Tuesday, May 4, Psaki said.
- The administration made the decision on the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Psaki said.
- Full Story: U.S. to restrict travel from India effective May 4 amid massive Covid surge
Last updated on 04/30/2021 08:15 PM
U.S. To Share 60 Million Doses Of Astrazeneca Covid Vaccine With Other CountriesCovid - 19 Vaccine - AstraZeneca (Post ID: 1015)
- The United States will share 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine with other countries.
- Cases continue to spike around the world.
- New infections in the U.S. have slowed, and the Biden administration said it would make materials for vaccine production available to India as the country deals with a surge of cases. Full Story. U.S. to share 60 million doses of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine with other countries
Last updated on 04/26/2021 06:32 PM
U.S. To Give India Raw Materials For Vaccines, Medical Supplies To Help Fight Covid SurgeCovid-19 in India (Post ID: 1014)
- The Biden administration said it will immediately make raw materials needed for India’s coronavirus vaccine production available as the country’s Covid-19 infections surge.
- India set a new global record for coronavirus cases this weekend.
- The U.S. response comes after Britain, France and Germany pledged aid to India over the weekend. Full Story.https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/25/us-to-give-india-raw-materials-for-vaccines-medical-supplies-to-fight-covid.html
Last updated on 04/26/2021 02:55 PM
Photos Show The Deadly Toll Of Covid In India As Coronavirus Cases Top 17 MillionCovid-19 in India (Post ID: 1013)
- India has reported a record number of coronavirus cases for the fifth day in a row, with a second wave pushing its health care system to the brink.
- There were some 352,991 new cases of Covid-19 reported in the last 24 hours, seeing India’s total number of infections top 17 million, with 5 million cases counted in April alone. Full Story. Deadly toll of Covid in India
Last updated on 04/26/2021 02:48 PM
Pfizer Covid Vaccine Is 91% Effective In Updated Data, Protective Against South African VariantFind Vaccine Now (Post ID: 1012)
Last updated on 04/01/2021 01:54 PM