COVID-19 Latest News
Showing 16 - 21 of 21 posts
Fauci Says The Variant From The U.K. Likely Accounts For Up To 30% Of Covid Infections In U.S.Covid-19 Vaccine (Post ID: 1006)
- The highly contagious variant first identified in the U.K. likely accounts for up to 30% of Covid-19 infections in the United States, White House Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said.
- The variant, called B.1.1.7, has been reported in at least 94 countries and detected in 50 jurisdictions in the U.S., Fauci said.
- U.S. health officials say the variant could become the dominant strain in the U.S. by the end of this month or in early April.Full Story
Last updated on 03/19/2021 09:19 PM
Novavax Vaccine 96% Effective Against Original Coronavirus Version In Uk TrialCovid-19 Vaccine (Post ID: 1005)
- Novavax’s Covid-19 vaccine was 96% effective in preventing cases caused by the original version of the coronavirus in a late-stage trial conducted in the United Kingdom.
- The vaccine was also about 86% effective in protecting against the more contagious virus variant first discovered and now prevalent in the UK.
- It was only around 55% effective in a separate, smaller trial in South Africa, where volunteers were primarily exposed to another newer, more contagious variant.Full Story
Last updated on 03/11/2021 10:17 PM
Us Is At A Tipping Point Of Another Covid-19 Surge, Expert Says. That's Why Safety Measures Remain Crucial NowCovid-19 (Post ID: 1004)
Last updated on 03/07/2021 05:07 PM
New York Covid VariantCovid-19 (Post ID: 1006)
By Apoorva Mandavilli
Published Feb. 24, 2021
Updated Feb. 25, 2021
A new form of the coronavirus is spreading rapidly in New York City, and it carries a worrisome mutation that may weaken the effectiveness of vaccines, two teams of researchers have found.
The new variant, called B.1.526, first appeared in samples collected in the city in November. By the middle of this month, it accounted for about one in four viral sequences appearing in a database shared by scientists.
One study of the new variant, led by a group at Caltech, was posted online on Tuesday. The other, by researchers at Columbia University, was published on Thursday morning.
Neither study has been vetted by peer review nor published in a scientific journal. But the consistent results suggest that the variant’s spread is real, experts said. To Read full Story Click
Last updated on 03/06/2021 09:22 PM
Tags: New Covid Variant
White House Moves Up Vaccine Supply Timeline, Says U.S. Will Have Enough For Every Adult By End Of MayFindvaccinenow.com (Post ID: 1008)
- President Joe Biden said Tuesday the U.S. will have enough supply of coronavirus vaccines to inoculate every adult in the nation by the end of May — two months earlier than previously expected.
- Biden’s announcement came as the White House works to increase production of Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot Covid vaccine.
- Less than a month ago, the Biden administration offered a more modest prediction: that the U.S. would have enough vaccine supply for 300 million Americans by the end of July. To Read Full Story : https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/white-house-moves-up-vaccine-supply-timeline-says-us-will-have-enough-for-every-adult-by-end-of-may.html
Last updated on 03/03/2021 03:35 AM
Fda Approves Johnson & Johnson’S Single-Shot Covid Vaccine For Emergency UseCovid-19 Vaccine (Post ID: 1007)
- The FDA has approved J&J’s Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, giving the U.S. a third tool to fight the pandemic.
- Unlike Pfizer’s and Moderna’s vaccines, J&J’s one-dose regimen eliminates the need for patients to return for a second dose and it can be stored at refrigerator temperatures for months.
- The federal government plans to distribute nearly 4 million doses of J&J’s vaccine to states, pharmacies and community health centers across the nation next week.
- To Read Full Story Click on the following link: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/27/fda-approves-jjs-single-shot-covid-vaccine-for-emergency-use.html
Last updated on 03/01/2021 10:16 PM
Tags: J&J Covid Vaccine